The UCSC Genome Browser was created by the Genome Bioinformatics
Group of UC Santa Cruz. Software Copyright (c) The Regents of the University of California. All
rights reserved. The software is made available with the following conditions:
- The Genome Browser and Blat software are free for academic, nonprofit, and personal
use. A license is required for commercial use.
- Please cite us if you use the Genome Browser software or
data in a publication or web page.
- Program-driven use of this software is limited to a maximum of one hit every 15
seconds and no more than 5,000 hits per day.
The sequence and annotation data displayed in the Genome Browser are freely available for
any use with the following conditions:
- Usage restrictions for genome sequence data are noted within the species sections on
the Credits page.
- Some annotation tracks contributed by external collaborators contain data that have
specific use restrictions. To check for restrictions associated with a particular annotation data
set, review the Genome Browser description page associated with the track. (To display the
description page, click on the track's name in the section below the Genome Browser tracks image.)
- Please credit the data contributor when using Genome Browser data in a publication
or web page. In most cases, this information can be found on the
Credits page (for genome assemblies) or in the
"Credits" section on the track description page (for annotation tracks).
For assistance with questions or problems regarding the UCSC Genome Browser software,
database, genome assemblies, or release cycles, click here.